To ensure you get the results you want, there's a few things you need to know about your Business Hour post.
All Business Hour posts should include:
- Company name – Absolutely essential! This isn’t just needed so our members know what company the ad is for, it’s also so the North Shore Mums admin team can check to make sure you are an advertiser. If the name doesn’t match any businesses in our advertising records, the post will not be approved.
- Description – an engaging and exciting description about what your business offers, and any special offers. You are competing with lots of other business posts in this hour, so make it personal, interesting and valuable to make people want to stop and read your post.
- Link – a link to your website or social media pages
- Contact details – email or mobile
- One image OR one video – posts should include one image or video (only). This could be your business logo or a collage of products, whatever you choose. Posts with multiple images will be deleted, as it causes issues on the newsfeed. You can also upload a short video or link to youtube.
Business Hour posts should NOT include
- Do not ask people to comment on the post – this unfairly bumps your post to the top of the page, at the expense of other businesses. This includes:
- Asking for feedback on a new idea
- Giving away a free sample
- Running a competition
- Job ads are not allowed. If you would like to advertise a job to North Shore Mums, you can do so via the Job Board. Once it's posted, you can share the link at any time in our group.
Tips for a Business Hour post
Now you've got the basics sorted, you'll want to ensure your Business Hour post stands out from the rest and gets long-term results! Read the tips.