Advice about medical conditions does not replace a professional diagnosis. Always speak to your GP.
If you post a medical question to the group, please be mindful that the responses given are based on other people’s personal experiences.
Whilst it is helpful to get lots of opinions and suggestions, please note that it should never replace speaking to a doctor or healthcare professional.
Below is a list of local health services who can provide qualified advice and care:
- GP: See your Doctor (or qualified specialist) if you have general medical concerns. There are lots of Medical & Health Professionals listed in the North Shore Mums Directory.
- National Home Doctor Service: For after hours home visits by a GP. This is a BULK BILLED service, as long as you have a valid Medicare Card. Doctors on the road from 6pm weeknights, 12 noon Saturday, all day Sunday and public holidays. Phone: 13 7425 (13-SICK).
- Health Direct: If you want immediate health advice and information over the phone. Available 24 hours. Phone: 1800 022 222.
- Poisons Information Centre: Call the professionally staffed Poison Information Centre if you have questions about something ingested. Phone: 13 11 26.
- Pregnancy, Birth and Baby Helpline – For general advice and counselling about pregnancy, childbirth and parenting in the first year. Phone: 1800 882 436
- Emergency – For serious illness or injury that is critical and requires urgent attention, call triple zero (000) for an ambulance or go to the emergency department of your local hospital. Phone: 000.
North Shore Mums accepts no responsibility for the advice given by members.